Ozone therapy is a form of alternative treatment that aims to increase the amount of oxygen to the body through the introduction of ozone into the body.
Ozone is a form of oxygen that displays anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and fungicidal action when it is mixed with medical grade oxygen in a carefully controlled medical environment.
This makes ozone a treatment of choice for certain conditions such as spinal pain and arthritis and as adjunct treatment for others.
Its effects are proven, consistent, and safe and with minimal and preventable side effects. Ozone therapy aims for the stimulation of oxygen metabolism, activation of the immune system in the body.
Indications of Ozone Therapy
- Spinal Pain and sciatica
- Arthritis, rheumatism, and other joint diseases
- Intra-articular diseases
- Herpes, and arthritis
- Slow-healing wounds, burns, skin ulcers, gangrene, and some skin infections
- Macular degeneration
- Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
- Fungal infections, insect bites and stings, acne, and similar skin problems
- Wounds, burns, and skin infections, or to treat the mouth following dental surgery
Ozone Therapy (Procedure)
It is a process that involves mixing small and carefully controlled amounts of ozone and oxygen (medical grade) and then introducing the mixture into the body by various means.
It is quite efficient in treating chronic bacterial and viral infections that don’t respond well to conventional antibiotic treatments. It is also in widespread use for the treatment of musculoskeletal and spinal disc conditions.
In case of non surgical treatment disc complaints, a needle is placed into the disc. A mixture of ozone and oxygen is then injected into the disc. This decreases disc pressure and initiates a large anti-inflammatory effect that leads to healing.
Results: As a powerful oxidant, ozone delivers a jolt to the body. This activates the antioxidant systems, causing the release of cytokines and other immune stimulating factors that lead to healing. Patients have found sustained pain relief with ozone therapy.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy:
Ozone therapy has proven well in variety of conditions including
- Conditions that don’t respond to conventional medicine.
- Chronic infections.
- Painful ligaments and joints.
- Stimulation of body’s own healing mechanisms.
- Relieving pain.
- Treating intervertebral disc protrusions and herniations non-surgically.